Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day 22: ZZZZZzzzzz

Ah, sleep.  This week sometime (day 20? or so?) I feel like good sleep finally started.  Last night I was out before 10 and I woke up at 5:30 feeling fresh and ready to go, and it's Saturday - no alarm and no need to get up for anything.  I'm not normally a great sleeper, so this is a very good thing!

Day 22 Meals:
Breakfast:  roasted turnips, bacon, turnip greens, eggs
Lunch:  vegetable soup w/ chicken
Dinner: assorted salads, shrimp, smoked salmon, a pork rib (potluck)
Snacks:  apple, almond butter

Breakfast this morning was a great example of something I would have never thought to make were it not for this diet.  I diced turnips (from CSA) and roasted them in a hot oven, then finished browning on the stove (impatient, and my big burner is VERY POWERFUL), tossed with diced bacon and the turnip greens sautéed in some bacon grease with shallots and a splash of balsamic vinegar.  Top with over easy eggs and it's a upscale restaurant-worthy hash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home