Wednesday, October 30, 2002

TV and Politics?

My best friend, who keeps me focused on real life, rather than life on television, has been in California weeknights this last month, so I've been watching television. I've watched some TV that's bad, some that's indifferent, some entertaining, and a little bit that's good.

Tonight, as with every Wednesday night, what's good is West Wing. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, and it makes me think.

Will it make me vote?

This coming Tuesday is Election Day. In Washington State, it means a lot of local initiatives will be voted on and decided. Will we support monorail funding or major highway improvements or a low car registration tax or fireman/ policeman pension determination? Nationally, we will be determining which political party has a majority in the House of Representatives and the Senate.

This is pretty important stuff.

I'm not very shy about expressing my political views. I think we should vote for those who oppose war in Iraq, tax decreases, and restrictions on a woman's right to chose. Those are just my views, however. What is more important is that we all vote for what we believe in. We have tremendous power on Tuesday. We can make the government more like what we want our government to be. We can make the world more like we want it to be.

Please vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home