Wednesday, October 23, 2002

This sniper is getting too personal

I drove by a neighborhood park tonight and watched kids playing soccer in the lights just beyond the dark autumn evening. So safe, and yet, you wouldn't be able to find kids playing outside in the Washington D.C. area tonight.

He began in areas too close for comfort. My sister lives in DC and my parents live in a VA suburb just outside of DC (we have all shopped in the Seven Corners area where one victim was shot). Then he moved south, and suspects were apprehended halfway between where I used to work and live, near my best Richmond friend's home. Now they're searching for evidence in towns just north and south of mine in Washington state, 3000 miles away from the crimes.

Why are we trying to find a war in Iraq, when there are terrorists at home?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home