Tuesday, October 08, 2002

Let the Preparations Begin!

With the marathon a mere 5 days away, and my flight to Chicago 3 days away, preparations turn from running-centric to food-centric. I've been having fun with Zagats on-line, and have dinner plans all lined up: dinner at Cafe Spiaggia Friday night, Wildfire on Saturday, and pizza at (probably) the Original Ginos East on Sunday (they don't take reservations).

I've also started officially carbo-loading. I've really been carbo-loading all of my life, but this week I have great reason for it.

Getting obsessive about the who, what, when, and where of the trip (there is a group of 5 of us flying out on Friday, meeting up with one more in Chicago: 3 runners, 3 supporters) is helping to distract me from getting nervous about the race. I visited the official web site today, and my stomach knotted up.

Visiting a museum or two is also on the agenda for the weekend. I'm taking any recommendations about places to eat, things to do or see in the Chicago area. Requirement is that it must be easily accessable from the train.

I think it's time to get something else to eat now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home