Friday, September 27, 2002

Friday Five

1. What are your favorite ways to relax and unwind? Read, run, spend time outside walking or biking, have a beer or glass of wine

2. What do you do the moment you get home from work/school/errands? First thing is usually to dash into the bathroom (I probably drank a pint of water in the car), then I feed and pet the cat, put everything away, mobile phone and palm in their cradels, hang up purse, etc, then change clothes (if I'm coming from work).

3. What are your favorite aromatherapeutic smells? Lavender and eucalyptus

4. Do you feel more relaxed with a group of friends or hanging out by yourself? As much as I like spending time with friends, I'm more relaxed alone. This is a recent realization, and the reason I don't like going out to lunch durning work. I find that I return from having "done lunch" needing a break. I prefer to eat at my desk and surf the internet, or eat with a book, or go for a walk or run (and then eat at my desk and read/write on the internet). Too much time alone, however, can help a slide into depression.

5. What is something that you feel is relaxing but most people don't? Logic problems. I just took the GRE and used the Kaplan program with CD to prepare. As the intro to the analytical reasoning section, the guy on the CD said something about how no one does logic problems for fun. I heard that and skipped to the next section. I have many books of logic problems. I used to do them on the ship while we were at sea if I had a some free time, but not enough time for a nap. I think they're fun. I did pretty well on that part of the test, by the way. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home