Monday, September 23, 2002

Trail Note

Saturday was my last big run, perhaps my longest (duration, not distance) run ever. I was on the trail for 4:15, but walked at least 15 minutes of that time, so figured that I ran close to 26 miles. It was a picture perfect day, around 60 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, with a crisp breeze coming off of the lake. For the first half of the run I ran along Lake Washington, where I could see the sailboats and seaplanes taking passengers on fun rides. Then I turned inland and made my way to Green Lake to see the World Famous Seattle Animal Shelter Dog Parade (where my hopes of getting a ride home and shortening my run were crushed). On the final stretch, I ran through the Center of the Universe, which was celebrating Oktoberfest (why they hold it in September is beyond me).

All in all, it was a great run. I felt pretty good, excepting my knees, up until the last 3 or so miles. The Galloway Theory about your body being able to do more easily what it's done before seems to be holding true.

Notes: Now that I'm looking at links, I realized that Jeff blogged a very similar note about his run. The similarity in reports was unintentional. I also am now kicking myself for not spending any time at the Oktoberfest. There was a brew fest less than 1/2 mile from my house on a beautiful fall weekend, and my contact was limited to the run-by and hearing the bands echo into my windows. (I didn't realize that it was a brew fest until I read the site; I thought that it was just a standard beer garden.) Next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home