Friday, September 20, 2002

Friday Five

1. Would you say that you're good at keeping in touch with people? Not really.

2. Which communication method do you usually prefer/use: e-mail, telephone, snail mail, blog comments, or meeting in person? Why? Annual cards with a newsletter and handwritten note. Phone calls to my family. Occasional emails to old friends. Meeting in person when possible, if friends are local. I'm not a big fan of the phone, unless there are no other options.

3. Do you have an instant messenger program? How many? Why/why not? How often do you use it? I use Yahoo messenger very rarely, with one old friend. I used to IM him with AOL, but he's gotten rid of it, and I need to any day now. When I was in a long distance relationship we used to IM with yahoo occasionally. I seemed to use it a bunch when I lived in Virginia with several different people, but almost never now.

4. Do most of your close friends live nearby or far away? Far away. Guess that's what comes with moving around so much and settling down on the Left Coast.

5. Are you an "out of sight, out of mind" person, or do you believe that "distance makes the heart grow fonder"? A little bit of both. I don't forget about people far away; they are certainly in my thoughts frequently, but it's hard to remain an active part of each others' lives when you're far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home