Monday, September 23, 2002

I went to the animal fair
the birds and the bees were there
the big baboon by the light of the moon
was coming his auburn hair....


Saturday afternoon I ventured out of King County and headed south to the Puyallup Fair. This is the Western Washington State Fair (eastern and western Washington are separated by the Cascade Mountain range and are as different socio-economically and climatically as can be). Being a city girl (well, suburban), seeing cows up close is pretty exciting. I rode the ferris wheel (scary; I have a fear of hights) and old wooden roller coaster (fun), ate plenty of fair food (bbq, curly fries, and kettle corn), and looked at lots of crafts and livestock. I didn't ride any rides that went upside down, didn't eat elephant ears, fried twinkies, or scones (they were selling faster than they could make 'em), and didn't get to milk a cow. The people watching was very entertaining.

While I'm not planning on making this an annual pilgrimage, I'm glad that this year I did "do the Puyallup."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home