Sunday, October 06, 2002

More shoe business / Trail note

I was reflecting last night while running around the neighborhood that my favorite shoes aren't even ones that I own anymore. My favorite shoes this week are the running shoes that I wore when I ran my first (and so far only) marathon 2 years ago. I was hoping to run the race in under 4 hours, but as I got closer to the date without having lost weight or run as many miles as I had planned (sound familiar?), I was more realistically aiming for 4:30. I felt so good while running, however, I did finish in under 4, (3:55, in fact). So I was happy with myself, and my shoes.

In exactly a week from today, I hope to be eating a huge deep dish pizza in Chicago, and celebrating the completion of marathon #2. I'm no longer shooting for the Boston qualifying time of 3:40, but just want to have a good race and a personal best time.

A friend of mine from work ran/walked the Portland marathon today. He walked it last year, and this year ran over half of it. He didn't get the time he was shooting for, but significantly beat his time from last year, and sounded great.

That's success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home