Monday, September 30, 2002

I'm not being spendy with words today

I absolutely, positively have to finish my appraisals today, in addition to preparing to present these people to my peers for our "ratings cross-calibration" tomorrow. So, no more internet today until I'm done.

I did, however, have one burning question for anyone who might be reading. What is the origin of the word (not a real word, but the slang term) "spendy." Meaning expensive. I read somewhere that it might be Seattle-specific, but I think it's a pretty common term these days. Any thoughts?

Upate: 10/03

Thanks to Kris for her link and thanks to those of you who responded. I've added the link that prompted my thought and you can check out Brigita's links. The concensus seems to be that it's a Pac NW word (Idaho, Montana, Washington, Oregon). Much preferable to New England's "wicked awesome."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home