Friday, April 04, 2003

The Friday Five (I really can't believe that it's already Friday!)

1. How many houses/apartments have you lived in throughout your life? If you count each year in a dorm as a separate house, and don't count temporary corporate apartments, 18 total (1 HI, 2 CN, 2 VA, 4 NC, 1 RI, 1 FL, 1 NY, 6 WA)

2. Which was your favorite and why? I've lived in some great ones. The house that I'm know is pretty great, and the first one that I've owned (at least half of it), but I think my favorite may be the one in Saratoga Springs NY. I lived in a one-bedroom apartment that was part of a large, Victorian house in a lovely old neighborhood half-way between downtown Saratoga Springs (a very fun little town with lots of cute shops and bars) and the famous Race Track. My friends lived in the 3 bedroom apartment that was on the top floor. We had bats in the attic, an old rock collection in Jeff's closet, and all kinds of interesting nooks and crannys, as befit an old house.

3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why? Both, now that I'm the grown-up. It used to just be exciting, and it still is, but there's some work and a little stress, too.

4. What's more important, location or price? Location, location, LOCATION! You can always improve the house, but you can never improve the location.

5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)? My dream house is on the water, with a large kitchen open to the living room. It would have a deck that looked out to the water and lots of windows. Ideally, I would like the house in the country, away from everything, full of family and friends, as well as a condo downtown for just me and the cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home