Friday, March 14, 2003

It's the Friday Five

1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not? No; I prefer speaking in person. I'm not sure exactly why this is; probably had something to do with how shy I used to be. I even used to hate making routine administrative calls, like changing my mailing address. I'm not as shy anymore, but I still hate making phone calls. It's something that I need to force myself to do at work, and I would probably be more successful if I were. I'm also horrible about returning social voicemails (and emails as well).

2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone? I was on a conference call yesterday afternoon with my extended team in Richmond. My last social call was when I called Jeff on my way home Tuesday night.

3. About how many telephones do you have at home? My mobile phone acts as my home phone as well. Jeff does the same. Dennis has a land line in the basement and his mobile phone, so 4 total, but 1 is the only one that is mine with my number.

4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened? Frequently. Whether or not my parents liked one of my friends was largely based on phone manners. I find it a huge turn-off if someone is rude on the phone, doesn't introduce themself or say hello. I can't think of a recent specific example of poor phone manners, however.

5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not? I would rather make a phone call because it's faster and easier. If I don't really want to speak with someone and would rather leave a message, I'll drop an email (although I love the compose feature on my voicemail at work). Usually the reason I wouldn't want to speak with someone directly is because I'm so embarrassed at how I've failed to call or write them back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home