Monday, February 24, 2003

Trail Note


Yesterday was a clear, cold, and sunny day, which was perfect weather for the Chilly Hilly, a 33 mile bike ride around Bainbridge Island. It's a beautiful route, with amazing views of downtown Seattle with the Cascade Mountain range in the background, lovely homes and gardens, and picturesque inlets and bays. It also lives up to its name; it's hilly! I heard that there were about 3000 riders, and I think that most of them rode the ferry over from Seattle with me. It's a pretty cool site when the entire ferry terminal is filled with cyclists in brightly colored jerseys and helmets. Despite my nervousness at being able to complete the ride (I haven't done much biking recently), I had a great ride. I passed a lot of cyclists walking their bikes up hills; I was very glad that I had my hybrid, which has much better gearing for hills than my road bike. There was a slight hiccup when I got a flat tire, but my road crew / riding companion patched me up and had me back on the road in no time. Said road crew was also the staff photographer, so hopefully one of us will have a few pictures up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home