Friday, February 14, 2003

Five for Friday

1. Explain why you started to journal/blog. I had been reading others' blogs for a while and had become a frequent commentor on a few favorites. I decided that if I really had something to say, I could say it on my own page instead of littering up others' sites with my ramblings.

2. Do people you interact with day to day or family members know about your journal/blog? Why or why not? I don't think that anyone I work with knows about this (I've never told, and if they've found it, they've remained quiet.) I would rather not advertise to my co-workers the fact that I sometimes blog at the office. My family and some friends know (I linked the page on my xmas newsletter), but I don't think that they really visit the site; at least not frequently. My parents are extremely computer literate, but don't understand how people have time to use the internet during the day.

3. Do you have a theme for your journal/blog? My initial intent was that I'd use the weather as a theme to express the state of my mood (the Seattle weather patterns of clouds and drizzle with the infrequent flash of sun seemed to represent my mildly depressed and occasionally manic state of mind). It hasn't turned out that way, however, and I think it's taken on a "I like the way the world looks when I run" kind of theme.

4. What direction would you like to have your journal/blog go in over the next year? I'm trying to learn (well, not very actively) some html and get a little more creative about the design and layout.

5. Pimp five of your favorite journals/blogs. In order of when I began reading them on a regular basis:
13 Days from Monday
Web Goddess
Black Spots in the White Noise
Lots of Co
Krisalis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home