Thursday, February 06, 2003

Out of Touch

About 2 weeks ago, my watch broke (well, one watch's battery died, and the other watch's band broke). Last week I was out of town with little internet access. Friday afternoon, I drove into the Northern Neck of Virginia and lost cellular service. It's amazing how lost I feel without these means of communication and orientation.

Internet was restored once I got home, but no phone service. "Searching for signal" was all that my poor phone could say for days. As my mobile phone is my home phone, I couldn't receive voicemail, call out, or receive any incoming calls. What if there was an emergency with my family? What if there was a great party in the works that I was missing? What if my manager just had to get in touch with me about a critical work thing? So to the local Sprint store I went yesterday evening, and I am now the proud owner of a working phone. I guess you don't fix old (2 yrs 2 months) mobile phones, you just replace them.

So, if you've been trying to reach me this past week, I haven't been ignoring you. I've been searching for a signal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home