Monday, February 17, 2003

Reading for Peace

I'm embarrassed to say that after all my talk about marching for peace on Saturday, I didn't go through with it. Instead, I sat on my couch in my living room curled up with a book and a cup of coffee.

And now with the excuses... Last weekend was my first weekend at home in a month and I really wanted to relax at home. Saturday morning I went for a longish run in the rain. By the time I got home, drenched, cold, and tired, the last thing that I wanted to do was go back out into the damp Seattle afternoon. I had plans to see the movie The Hours late that afternoon, and wanted to read the book before seeing the film it inspired. So all of that added up to me not going.

I was excited to see how many people did march / protest in cities all over the world. If you were one of those people, I thank you and hope that you enjoyed the experience. If you weren't, I hope that you had as pleasurable an afternoon as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home