Thursday, March 13, 2003

K. E. Y. Why, Because We Like You!

I spent the remainder of my time out East with my other grandmother and her husband at their condo in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. It's only an hour away from where we boarded the ship in Port Canaveral, so it was great to be able to see so much family on one visit. The weather wasn't that great (cool and rainy), but after 3 days of sweating and trying not to burn, the cloudy skies were welcome. We had a terrific visit, sharing family stories and memories, and (as always) learning about the fascinating things that my family member have done and experienced in their lives.

I was fortunate to time my trip on the tale end of Bike Week. For the unitiated, Bike Week is the week every March when thousands of motorcyclists decend upon Daytona Beach. In recent years, their presence has expanded to outlying beaches, like New Smyrna. It doesn't hurt that there's a Harley shop just off the New Smyrna exit from I-95. While the rainy weather didn't bother me, I think it damped the experience for those bikers who planned on camping throughout their visit. When it rains in Florida, it really rains!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home