Friday, February 28, 2003

The Friday Five

1. What is your favorite type of literature to read (magazine, newspaper, novels, nonfiction, poetry, etc.)? Fiction, specifically novels. I find that with short stories, just as I become attached to the characters, the story ends.

2. What is your favorite novel? There's a Sophie's Choice question if I ever heard one (and as much as I like Styron, Sophie is not my favorite). The ones that I return to over and over are my childhood favorites (specifically those by L.M. Montgomery and L.M. Alcott). I love all books by Madeline L'Engle, children and adult. Margaret Drabble, Anne Tyler, and Marge Piercy are a few of my favorite contemporary authors.

3. Do you have a favorite poem? (Share it!) Well, there's my German rendition of Der Earlkoenig, but I won't repeat it here. I really enjoyed poetry when I was in high school, but haven't read any since. There was a poem by John Dunne that I particularly liked, but can't remember what it was.

4. What is one thing you've always wanted to read, or wish you had more time to read? There are a lot of books that I've bought with the intention of reading, but never had. Certainly more of the classics. Things I've been thinking about are War and Peace, something by Faulkner, and more by Virginia Woolf (inspired by The Hours).

5. What are you currently reading? I'm reading the Great Game of Business for work (must finish it this weekend...) and started the Peppered Moth (Margaret Drabble) a few weeks ago, but haven't opened in a few weeks. I'd like to get back into that one this weekend as well.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home