Friday, March 28, 2003

Friday Five

1. What was your most memorable moment from the last week? I think it may have been while climbing at the gym last Sunday. Rock climbing takes skill, strength, and a little bravery (I'm not a fan of heights), so when I successfully got to the top of a climb, I really felt good about what I had done.

2. What one person touched your life this week? Whoever wrote the script for About Schmidt. I saw that film last weekend, and I keep thinking about it: what it means to get older, and what we'll have in our lives that is meaningful. My grandfather was ill this past week, so it just brings that close to home.

3. How have you helped someone this week? I recommended that we grant $15K in United Way venture funds to support an organization that will help un- and under-employed people get the skills and contacts to find work. My recommendation was approved, so a check is in the mail.

4. What one thing do you need to get done by this time next week? Mid-year performance appraisals. I have 3 to do that are due on Wednesday, but essentially, I need to finish them today or I'm doing them this weekend.

5. What one thing will you do over the next seven days to make your world a better place? Buy bio-diesel for my car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home