Tuesday, July 09, 2002

I managed to make it through the first day of dieting unscathed. Well, mostly (I was kind of cranky and defensive to my patient housemate). It's really more mental than anything else: I wasn't hungry, but still had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't being deprived. I made the Cook's potato salad that I wimped out on for the 4th. It was a good decision not making it that night; the recipe was a little more complicated than I expected, and lived up to my parents' not-so-rave review. I don't know how anything with that much onion, garlic, capers, radish, and cornchinon can be lacking in flavor, but it was. The highlight of today's food was my eggplant grilled with a little olive oil and then drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Excellent flavor combination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home