Friday, July 05, 2002

Trail notes
Wednesday: I had to be (metaphorically) shoved into running clothes for this one. It was the "just go a couple miles" statement that I just couldn't argue with, and ended up having a pretty good run. It was a healthy 4 miles which made up for my not so healthy 11 on Monday.
Thursday: For some reason it's so much easier to get on the road first thing in the morning. If I make a rule that I don't eat until after my morning run, hunger will motivate me to get going. I went around the zoo for 6, and felt pretty good, despite some initial shin tightness.
Friday: Short, around-the-top-of-the-hill route for 4 miles. This run is always scenic with views of the Cascades, the Olympics, and Mt. Rainier, but there were a few bonus scenes today. First, great sidewalk chalk art, obviously done by a creative, prolific, and patriotic artist. Did you know that if you draw the US as a flag, the Pacific NW is the field of stars? Cool. Next I saw a cliche come true: a dog frantically barking at the postman from behind a fence. Finally, I saw a wedding party taking pictures on a picture perfect day in an amazing spot. If you've seen the movie "10 Things I Hate About You," the opening scene where Julia Styles pulls up next to the carfull of giggling girls, look 10 feet to the left and you're at the small park that looks over downtown Seattle, Space Needle and all, with Mt. Rainier gleaming in the afternoon sun behind it and the Puget Sound to the right, ferries, sailboats and all. The bride is going to look like she's posing in a post card. All in all, good running week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home