Monday, July 08, 2002

I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting tonight. It's not really my first meeting; I did the "at work" program about 1 1/2 years ago, but after losing 5 pounds in the first few weeks, I kind of gave up.

Now I'm serious. I need to lose about 20 pounds to get to my goal weight: a goal to be happy and healthier, but also to help me achieve my marathon goal of running in Chicago with a Boston qualifying time. I've been wanting to lose anywhere from 10 to 40 pounds since I was a teenager (I was only 10 pounds away 2 years ago for a few short months; I'm usually hovering from 20 - 30 pounds above my goal weight).

It was a fun meeting; lots of laughing as well as serious inspiration. There was someone in the meeting who had lost 90 pounds, and another who lost over 120! Makes my goal seem very attainable. I think it's a great program, about making smart choices, not about sacrificing good food. I spent my last extravagant eating day enjoying a breakfast croissant and mocha from the best local coffee spot (high accolades in the US capital of coffee), followed by peanut M&M's to chase the lunchtime ceasar salad, with dinner of chips and salsa and beer. I can still eat all of these things on the program, just not all on the same day. :) I bought lots of appealing fruits and veggies on the way home. I'm looking forward to grilled eggplant and asparagus tomorrow night and one of those beautiful mangos for breakfast tomorrow. Yum...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home