Monday, December 14, 2015

Neighborhood Advent: Day 12, Experiences 11, 12, and 13

Catching up in Pioneer Square!  While I didn't go to work on Saturday, I spent a lot of time in Pioneer Square.  I first headed there as part of general errands (bought new boots for work downtown and dropped them at the office), stuck around a bit to check out the "Howlidays" event, and then returned in the evening for a dinner-theatre-like production at Cafe Nordo, preceded by a drink at McCoy's Firehouse.  

Howlidays was a bit underwhelming, perhaps due to the fact that I got there a bit early, it was pouring rain, and I didn't have dog with me.  The cute potential was high and there were free hot drink options, so I think this would be a good event to bookmark for the future.

A friend had organized a group outing for dinner and a show at Cafe Nordo back in October, and this was the night we were finally going to get "Sauced" (name of the show).  Jeff and I headed downtown a bit early to get a pre-cocktail-cocktail and decided to go lowbrow at McCoy's.
It fit our Fire Station theme of the week, with friendly service and an excellent price point.  We then traveled back in time to 1937 and a cocktail themed dinner, drama noir, and jazz experience at Nordo (within visual of Jeff's office).  A good time was had by all, although I wished I'd spent a tiny bit more time researching period costume.  Jeff and I made a good effort (jaunty cap for J, dress and heels for me), but I wish I'd taken the time to curl hair, find the right red lipstick, etc.  The show was fun, company amazing, food terrific, drinks tasty; all in all a lovely evening.
If you look closely, you can see a reflection of Jeff's jaunty cap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home