Thursday, June 07, 2007

Our Challenge

...Should we choose to accept it, is to plan a 1 week (approximate) vacation, leaving no sooner than a week from today and no later than 2 weeks from today. Our criteria:

- Must be relaxing
- Must be fun
- Should be in a place that is a good June destination (i.e. we're not going to go to Hawaii or CA or Florida in June; if you live in Seattle you go to those places between November and March)
- Should be reasonably priced considering that we're going last minute (I'm not sure exactly what that means $-wise; suffice it to say that we do not have unlimited funds but I would not want to artificially price myself out of a great trip)
- Should be within 3 time zones (no Europe or Asian trips with only 1 week for travel)

Our current contenders:
- Alaskan cruise
- Alaskan trip; no cruise ship (i.e. fly to Anchorage and find ways to get around Kenai)
- Canadian Rockies road trip (take the bikes, the tent, and the hiking boots to Banff, Jasper, and Glacier National Parks)
- NYC / Long Island to visit family and friends (who are not aware of these unmade plans)

Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've actually done a small version of choice number three (Canadian Rockies)--in June, no less! So that's my vote. Don't pick up any hippie hitchhikers in Jasper!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Excellent. I think that is the leading contender for us - flexible date-wise and being able to bring the bikes and get in some long rides and runs is pretty key right now.

Thanks for the comment! And if you have any additional recommendations about hotels, sites, food, etc., I'd love any ideas.

I'll remember the tip about the hitchhikers... :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger eileen said...

I was also going to vote for the Canadian Rockies! My parents went a couple of years ago and loved it,

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home