Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sunglasses Required

Yesterday afternoon I took a brief stroll from my office to neighboring Gas Works Park. It reached the lower 80's yesterday, the warmest it's been this year and the warmest it will probably be for several weeks. The park's grassy knoll was covered with pale young Seattlites basking and blinking in the sunshine. Where, I wondered, did all of the people come from? Who spends their Tuesday afternoons lolling about in a park? Are these people normally in a coffee shop or surfing the internet at home this time of week? Or did they realize that it would return to cool and cloudy weather with a drizzly weekend forecasted and decide to take the afternoon off? Regardless, I've exceeded my white skin viewing quota for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home