Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Rush Hour

There are days - many, many days - when commuting via bike is not something to look forward to. Dark, rain, cold: there are months at a strech when the commute is some or often all of those things. But coming in to work today, the skies are crystal clear and blue, the air is warm, with a briny cool edge from the lifting marine layer, the mountains are showing off their snowy and melting peaks, and there is nothing I'd rather be doing than biking through Seattle.

3 Comments:

Blogger brigita said...

Sweet beezus, that description just gave me a pang of pseudo-homesickness. I still miss Seatown; hardest breakup ever.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

It will still be here for you on your next trip back, along with a guest bedroom.

So, is the semester over for you? We still have a few more weeks of classes...

11:35 AM  
Blogger brigita said...

Finals are winding up this week (fortunately I only have one class right now, unfortunately I've got both a sit-down and take-home exam for it), so I've got that going for me.

Mom comes into town this weekend to help with a garage sale and tearing apart the office to turn it into a nursery. Speaking of, I've posted an epilogue over at 13DFM. With a picture. :)

Hope the thesis elves were doing their job while you were frolicking @ Gas Works!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home