Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Woo hoo, Spring Break!!

Oddly enough (okay, not so odd), Spring Break as a 33 year old is a little different from SB as a 21 year old. In fact, the only things this break has in common with my undergraduate breaks are the upped sugar intake and disappointly cold weather. Oh, and basketball, of course.

How I'm spending my Spring Vacation:

Working (getting a head start on my research assistant hours for the spring quarter)
Watching the NCAA tournament (Go Duke!!)
Facilitating the youth leadership program I work with
Planning for next year's leadership program (so that I have minimal time commitment next year)
Reading (my first non-school book in 2006!)
Running (this is my last big week before the taper!)
Eating
Turbo taxing
Catching up on "my shows" (Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy)
Wedding planning (searching searching searching for a photographer and traveling to VA)

Unfortunately, the break has been more about working and less about relaxing. There's tons of fun stuff I wanted to do like make beer, read more books, learn how to use the jewelry-making equipment that I got for Christmas, bond with my couch, etc., but there's just not that much time. Ten days without looming deadlines, reading lists, and class stress is vacation enough, however. It's nice to be able to come home in the evenings and just be home, without school work hanging over my head. Now, if I could just talk Jeff into a little trip to Fort Lauderdale...

2 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

all sounds very productive!

i need to get on with my turbo taxing too...things are floundering after an initially great start.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Well, the hope is to be productive; seems there's little time to be anything but!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home