Monday, March 13, 2006

Busy

So, again no posts for a while. Needless to say, it's been a bit busy here, in a boring finals-papers-running kinda way. I have a 10-12 page paper due today that I've written, oh, about 1 1/2 pages of. (But it's all up here, in my head; hope for no head injuries in the next 48 hours).

Yesterday I ran my first 20 miler and it didn't feel too bad. It was an amazing day: sunny with temperatures topping off in the high 40's. Perfect for a long run. A few recent sights from the trail:

- A little girl, maybe 4 at the most, biking along on her 2 wheeler (no training wheels) accompanied by her dad on roller blades and black lab pup. She biked along side of me for several miles. I'm looking out for her at the 2020 Olympic games. They make the cutest tights for little girls, btw; I see them everywhere.
- A one-legged cyclist. He was not only biking, but was able to do that balance at stoplights thing that I've never mastered.
- A young woman biking along with a dog (some kind of miniature something that looked like it belonged to Paris Hilton) in her backpack.
- A man finishing up his 5 hour training run; he's preparing for a 50-miler next month (made me feel like a wimp on my measly 3 hour run).
- Bike after bike after bike with brightly spandexed riders. I'm really looking forward to getting back on my road bike for > my 3 mile commute once this marathon-thingy is all over.

FYI: Did you know that if you bike to work in the same blue jeans over and over that eventually they'll wear a hole in the crotch? Apparently Levi's were only designed for one type of saddle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home