Friday, December 20, 2002

The Friday Five is back

1. What holiday or holidays do you celebrate this time of year? I celebrate Christmas, although I don't believe in the religeous part. I am just beginning to observe and celebrate solstice, because I feel that it's more fitting.

2. What was the best gift you have ever received? I really can't think of anything. Not that I haven't received great gifts, just no one really stands out above the others.

3. What was the worst gift you've ever given? Nothing, I suppose. For several years, it was hard getting my sister something that she wanted. I'm not sure if I've gotten better at that yet.

4. Where will you be celebrating the holidays? Are you hosting? Going away? I'm traveling to my parents' house in Virginia. I'll arrive in NOVA Monday morning, where I'll stay through Thursday morning. I'm sure my mom and I will do some D.C. sightseeing on Monday or Tuesday. On Thursday we'll drive down to my parents' house near Montross VA, in the Northern Neck. They're building a major addition to their little house on the water, so it will be interesting to see how things have changed since I last visited in July.

5. If you could spend the holidays with someone who isn't around, who would it be with? Why? I'll be celebrating with my immediate family: parents, sister, and sister's boyfriend, but would enjoy seeing more of the extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins). We haven't spent Christmas with them since I was a kid, but lots of family does make things more festive (and more hectic).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home