Tuesday, December 10, 2002

RSVP = I don't care what your excuse is, just tell me whether or not you're coming to my *&$% party!

We're having a Holiday Open House this Sunday afternoon. We've invited about 60 people (I can't figure out who not to invite from work, so invite "the whole class"), and only about 20 of them have responded. Responding is pretty easy, too, since the invitation is on evite. I would just like to know if I should have snacks and drinks for 10 or 20 or 50! We're going to be cooking up some tasty appetizers, hot and cold, savory and sweet, so it's nice to make sure that we have enough, but not so much that we're throwing away leftovers.

Speaking of throwing away party leftovers, my housemate (USNA grad) invited several of his co-workers who graduated from the service academies over to watch the Army Navy game on Saturday. I'm not sure if it was a spontaneous thing, but he told Jeff and me about it via cell phone the night before (we were all out fairly late, not together). He said there would be 4-5 people over. My biggest concern was whether there would be room for me on the couch, but was also curious to see what Dennis would do to entertain these folks (I would have gone on a minor shopping and cooking spree to prepare). Turns out the guests brought all of the snacks and beer. There were a total of 6 of us (the 3 housemates and 3 guests) and we had: 2 bags of tortilla chips with 4 kinds of dip, 1 dozen subs, cut in half, 2 cases of beer, and 2 gallons of homemade chili with a block of cheese, onion, sour cream and crackers to eat it with. I think there was another kind of dip and crackers that never made it out of the grocery bag, too. The leftover chili went home with its chef, but at the end of the game we were the lucky recipients of 2 half eaten bags of chips, about half of the dips, about 15 half-subs, and most of the case of MGD that no one wanted to drink. Did I mention that we ate all of these snacks from 9 to noon Saturday morning?

If anyone is in the Seattle area and wants to attend an open house on Sunday, or come over any time before then for subs and MGD, come on by. Just be sure to RSVP first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home