Friday, September 06, 2002

Friday Five

1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Why? I've been having the hardest time thinking of one. I get annoyed at typical rude, insensitive, or hurtful things that people do (talking in shows, driving too close to the car in front of you, presidents who get us involved in wars where we will alienate the rest of the world, etc), but I think a pet peeve has to have a little of the irrational to it. Like the instructor I had once who couldn't stand people opening coke cans in class. Or my work-buddy who hates it when people say "guestimate." Talking about this at work, I started thinking about my penchant for clean sheets, untouched by "street clothes" and realized that I really hate seeing other people's unmade beds. It just seems too intimate.

2. What irritating habits do you have? Cracking knucles, knees, back, ankles (you get the picture); cracking my gum, frequent pee syndrom (I always have to sit on the aisle in theatres and airplanes), asking lots of questions, my know-it-all-ness, singing loudly along with the radio... I'll just stop here.

3. Have you tried to change the irritating habits or just let them be? I just let them be.

4. What grosses you out more than anything else? Why? Vomit. I'm practically phobic about it.

5. What one thing can you never see yourself doing that other people do? ??? What does this question mean, really? Right now I can't see myself having children, but that could change. I can't seem to stick to a diet, but that's not unusual. I can't get used to wearing lipstick, but neither does about half the population. I don't think of myself doing what everyone else does, but I guess I'm not really as different as I think I am. And I like to think I'll try a lot of different things, even if I don't want to adopt something as a lifestyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home