Sunday, June 23, 2002

Well, I'm back from the Other Side of the Mountain.

Endfest was a lot of fun, despite the fact that we felt like old foggies. I enjoyed hearing the Strokes, Dashboard Confessional, Tenacious D, and Jimmy Eats World. The weather was perfect; hot and sunny for a few hours, then just when I was tired of sweating and wondering if I needed more sunscreen, it clouded up and cooled off just a little. The clouds contributed to an absolutely amazing sunset.

Leavenworth was a cute little tourist town, despite the mosquites on the river banks. It's like a Bavarian village (it reminded me of Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, w/o the roller coasters and with real German beer; not a Bud in sight).

The drive back was gorgeous. It was fun seeing the place where I snowboarded last winter in the summer (mostly) snow-free. It was amazing how much snow there is still in those mountains. It was long, though, and I'm ready to be home. I'm putting off my long run to tomorrow night (big training no-no, I'm sure, but since there's still some German sausage and beer in my stomach, I think it's the best idea).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home