Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Introducing the Adventurous Triathlete's Paleo Cookbook
or, more accurately the not-so-adventurous mid-pack-triathlete's not-really-paleo blog

A few friends, Jeff, and I are wrapping up a 30 day "elimination diet" that is endorsed/supported by a couple of nutritionists (the one who is a friend of a friend who got us into this lives here on the internet). We've eliminated food types that are causes of frequent food sensitivities and inflammation as well as processed foods / additives. This leaves us with meat, eggs, seafood, fruits, vegetables (all but white potatoes and corn), healthy oils (coconut, olive, sesame), and nuts - all as organic / local / sustainable as possible. My motivation is to improve my eating/drinking habits and lose some weight - key goals for 2012 as I enter my 40th year. If I discover actual food sensitivities, that will be a great finding, but I don't have any real reason to suspect that I will (yet).

As we've been going through this process, we've had some highs, some lows, and a lot of great discoveries, some personal, and some culinary. A friend jokingly suggested a book, "the Adventurous Triathlete's Paleo Cookbook." While the title is a bit of a misnomer, I do think that this is great fodder for a blog, so I'll try to recreate some recent and future adventures, some culinary, some beyond.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Excellent. Sounds exactly like the plan Rodd and I have been doing for the past two weeks!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Very cool! It's a great way to eat, although I'm missing a few key items, and it does take a lot of work and planning. I'll look forward to seeing how it's working for you guys!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home