Monday, July 11, 2011

It's Back to the Blog for Ironman #2 Training Reports

Jeff and I are training for our second Ironman this year. Second and last, according to Jeff. He says this just about every time we run together (which is a few times a week) just to make sure I don't forget. Thus a public record to remind us.

I, on the other hand, seem to have been enjoying training, at least until about 3 weeks ago when an unidentified muscle (I think it's the left hip adductor - very tippy top of the hamstring) started hurting while running. Until then, everything was feeling great, body responding to ever increasing mileage, riding fast, doing speedwork, swimming well. The swimming and biking still feel great, and (hopefully) the leg/hip thing is healing slowly. There is something about knowing that the body really will perform if you just put in the time and effort. I see muscles appear that don't normally show themselves, and I can eat ridiculous amounts of food without gaining weight. The problem, however, is that eating ridiculous amounts of food doesn't lead to weight loss, which is the big missing piece of my race prep. Ideally, I'd weigh about 15 (or more) pounds less than I do right now. There's still some time to lose part of that, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I won't be at ideal race weight for this one.

Enough for now; new early bedtime! (sleep - another part of the training / preparation that has not been happening as it should)

Stay tuned; possible more tri-me-obsessive posts to come...

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Hey, there's a welcome sight in the RSS Reader! Glad to have you posting again. :)

Can't wait to hear about Tri preparation. I haven't been bitten by the bug yet, thankfully. My crap-ass swimming will see to that for a long while, I'd say!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Thanks, Kris! The bug bit a bit too hard, here; I think my mom is going to enter me into a 12 step program to help me quit the long distance racing...

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home