Thursday, February 28, 2008

MUSIC!

Jeff's Best of 2007:
1. Take Your Medicine, Cloud Cult - the album has been on almost constant repeat all year. We saw them live (at the KEXP BBQ) in September: amazing. It's always fantastic when a band you've just discovered turns out to be even better in person.
2. Time to Get Away, LCD Soundsystem - fun dance music
3. Austrailia, The Shins - another best of, another Shins song. We also saw these guys this year at Bumbershoot. I think they're my favorite band to see live.
4. Lovesong of the Buzzard, Iron & Wine - Iron & Wine make me think of late 60's / early 70's folk rock (James Taylor, Simon & Garfunkle), but so much better
5. Keep the Car Running, Arcade Fire - it's a total driving song - like what my best friend I would listen to while driving-just-to-drive in her parents car in high school
6. Middleman, Bright Eyes - Jeff and I watched Firefly and Serenity this fall on DVD and this song sounds like that show, or at least a lot like the theme song. I'm a total sucker for strings in pop music.
7. Finer Feelings, Spoon - another fun, can't-sit-still-while-listening-to song
8. Young Folks, Peter Bjorn & John - I can't help but think about Fjords and Ikea ads when I hear these guys; we always sing along to this one
9. Lost to the Lonesome, Pela
10. Slow Show, The National - I think this album (Boxer) was on constant replay in the first half of the year before we got the Cloud Cult CD; I just love their sound and lyrics


Sasquatch!


The line-up has been announced for this year's Sasquatch Music Festival and it's pretty unbelievable. We went two years ago and had a nightmare experience camping at the site: hail, mud, drunken teenages, and overflowing porta-potties. But, great music. This year we're going to stay in a motel.

(Eileen, sorry it's taken so long for me to respond to your question about Jeff's Best Of.)

1 Comments:

Blogger eileen said...

hey, better late than never :)

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home