Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Trail Note: Boston Bound

I finally registered for Boston this week, which means that I've committed to running a marathon in 3 1/2 months! This means I need to get serious about running again. I've been running 4 or 5 times a week (20 - 25 miles a week) since Portland, but not seriously. While my only goals for Boston are (1) to finish and (2) to not hurt too much so that I can enjoy myself and not injure myself, I'll have to really ramp up my running to do this.

I ran ~ 6 miles today and it felt as if I'd taken the entire holiday off. I was sluggish and heavy-feeling (I've gained a few holiday pounds), creaky and slow. Once I'd run a mile or two, however, I started feeling better again. As always, even a bad run feels good once it's done. Noted.

3 Comments:

Blogger brigita said...

I am *so* there!

6:26 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Woo hoo!

9:28 AM  
Blogger vj said...

Boston!!!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home