Monday, January 09, 2006

So, did you hear the one about the rainy weather in Seattle?

Apparently, news is out that it's been raining in the Pacific Northwest recently (or as some out-of-town relative put it "I hear that you've been having HORRIBLE weather!") So, let's set the record straight.

Myth: We've been having HORRIBLE weather!
Fact: We've had some form of rain every day for the last 3 weeks.

Now I personally don't see a little rain as horrible. These aren't monsoons we're talking about. No one has to pull their car off of the highway to see. There hasn't been any hail, or black ice, or tornados, or any precipitation that causes one to shovel their walks or temperatures cold enough to necessitate warming up ones car. So, to me, this isn't too bad, and I bike in it most days.

Speaking of which, it's Ride in the Rain month here at the University of Washington. Time to join a team and get points for biking to work or school in the rain (because, as I've already mentioned, it rains in January in Seattle). After all, if you can ride in this HORRIBLE weather, you can ride anytime! So far 4 out of my 7 rides thus far have required rain pants; not too horrible.

5 Comments:

Blogger vj said...

You're hard core, Tricia. I'm trying to like rain. Trying...

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My commuting shoes smell of mold, but other than that no worries. The more we can discourage population influx and avoid this in the Northwest, the better ;)

3:53 PM  
Blogger brigita said...

I'll take rain and permacloud over shoveling show any day. I miss you, Seatown!

8:12 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

we need some of that rain here in austin too.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

So much for the Pollyanna post... I'm a big whiner when actually riding in the rain. ;) It's hard to get out into it; once I'm 10 minutes in it's not so bad, and once the ride / run is over, it's all good.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home