Thursday, February 17, 2005

Trail Note

I somehow caught a 24 hour bug this week, which is very unusual for me. Sure, I get colds, sore throats, coughs, and sinus thingies often (less often now that I've discovered gummy bears with vitamin C and echinacia) but it's very rare that I lose my appetite for almost 2 days straight.

I was feeling much better today, however, so after 3 days off I ran the 3.5 mile around-the-hill route. It was a beautiful evening. I started at 5 pm and it was still light with the sun starting to set behind the Olympics. Every not-very-snow-covered crag of the Olympics, Cascades, and Mt. Rainier was crystal clear. The crocuses and daffodils are blooming and after a warmish day, the neighborhood smelled like gardens and springtime. I didn't feel quite as springy. My legs were a little sluggish, my breath was shorter than usual, and my stomach wasn't too happy to be running around after that pork chop for lunch (probably not the best idea). But I was out, and I finished the run feeling pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home