Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Running and blogging, blogging and running...

Visualize light bulb appearing over my head and switching on.

I guess I knew that there was a running blog community. After all, there's a blog community for every interest, and I've visited a few running blogs on a couple of occasions. Usually this is after someone posts on a trail note, and I go to the commentor's homepage.

As I've stated a few times, this year I'm ready to get serious and run a Boston-qualifying marathon. I've bought a book, and have slowly started ramping up my milage. It's not quite enough, though. I need the inspiration that can be found through others' stories. It's incredibly powerful to read about the struggles and triumphs of other runners.

Conveniently, there is a runners' blog directory out there. I was browsing through the listings to see where folks were from, and found... my blog! So, this is how people have been finding me. I wouldn't consider this a running blog, but I enjoy my trail notes. And considering my recent posting quality and quantity, the trail notes are probably the best part of the blog.

So, I've added a couple running links to the sidebar, and will add more when I find them. This will help with the motivation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home