Sunday, December 05, 2004

Amazing Pizza Creation # 14

After the briefest of searches, I found that I'm not the only one who is enjoying the Friday $5 Milena's pizza deal. But it takes a little extra effort and creativity to make really special APC's.

This week: spinach pesto. I was in the mood for spinach, and thought that mixing it with pesto would add some great flavor. I was sure that I'd find some cubes of basil pesto hiding in the freezer, but since that was not the case I had to get a little more creative. Not having any fresh basil, I just replaced it with the spinach. I defrosted a package of frozen chopped spinach and squeezed it in a dish towel to remove as much water as possible. I then food processed it with some pine nuts, garlic cloves, small chunks of parmesan cheese, and a little olive oil. I removed the cheese from the uncooked pizza, and spread on some sun-dried tomato cheese and then the spinach pesto and replaced the cheese. The result was a little creamy, and very flavorful. Lots of good vitamins, too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home