Sunday, November 21, 2004

Karma

I will almost always purchase a copy of Real Change when asked by the vendors who sell outside the grocery store. After all, I recognize the current crisis of homelessness, and am happy to help someone who is helping himself.

A week or so ago, there was a vendor selling RC outside my local grocery store as I walked out. Not having any one dollar bills for the paper, I returned to the cashier who had just given me $50 "cashback" to see if I could get change. But my pockets were empty; both the cashier and I had overlooked the fact that I left with groceries and a receipt, but no cash. The cashier trustingly handed me 2 twenties, a five, and five ones - one of which prompty went towards RC, and I walked home with the blessings of the man selling the paper, cash, and the knowledge that this world isn't such a bad place after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home