Sunday, November 14, 2004

Trail Note

This past week was a rather odd one on the work front, thus it was a low-exercise, high-calorie week. By the time the week was over, I was bound and determined to have a good run on Saturday.

The weather was perfect: temps in the 50's, overcast with patches of blue sky, and a little dampness in the air. I ran the 7 mile route around Lake Union. I was a little nervous that I'd run out of steam well before the end, but I felt great throughout the run. I felt some knee soreness around mile 6, but that's pretty typical when I'm not running a lot of weekly milage.

I followed up yesterday's run with the 3.5 mile around-the-hill route today. Again, I felt much better than I feared. This is encouraging, as I'm thinking of training for a spring or summer marathon. If I do run 26.2 in 2005, I'll be aiming for a Boston qualifying time, so I need to get serious about training now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home