Friday, October 10, 2003

It's Friday; here's Five

1. Do you watch sports? If so, which ones? Sure, but not avidly. I enjoy watching the Olympics, particularly swimming. I like watching baseball in person, but not on television. I like having football on, but it's rare that I"ll actually follow the action. I also watch Duke basketball. College basketball is terrific; I don't think much of pro ball, however. I'm pretty psyched about the World Series this year; I might watch that for the first time in a long time.

2. What/who are your favorite sports teams and/or favorite athletes? Well, the Duke Blue Devils (basketball) is my favorite team, of course. I'm a Seattle Mariners (baseball) fan and a Washington Redskins (football) fan

3. Are there any sports you hate? Hockey when it turns into a brawl. Anything, in fact, that is more about anger than strategy and skill. I attended a hockey game once and heard some little kids yelling at the team to "fight" and "hit him" and was sickened by that.

4. Have you ever been to a sports event? Yes. I watched lots of girls soccer when I was a kid because my sister played from the age of 5 on. I used to love going to the occasional USNA football game when I was a girl. I watched various high school sporting events. I've been to several minor and more major league baseball games.

5. Do/did you play any sports (in school or other)? How long did you play? I did gymnastics for almost 10 years until I hit my teens and my body changed. I played softball from 4th - 11th grades, fast pitch in junior high and high school, and played field hockey for 2 years in school. Since then, I've played softball occasionally (last spring I played on a friend's company team). Now, I run, bike, and swim, but don't do much in the way of team sports.

Not the most interesting 5 ever. Too many yes or no type questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home