Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Just like Ally Sheedy in The Breakfast Club...

... I sit with the contents of my purse spread before me. According to Kristen, the average woman's bag contains 25 items. Let's see how I compare:

1) Wallet (WA drivers liscence, debit/ATM card, personal VISA, corporate MasterCard, reserve military ID, Jamba Juice punch card, insurance card, business cards, REI member card, cash)
2) Palm pilot
3) Nail clippers (do you feel less safe knowing that I've carried these through dozens of airport scanners?)
4) Passport (in case I need to flee the country at said airports)
5) Stamps
6) Mobile phone
7) Sunglasses
8) Work ID card (with new "core values" attachment)
9) Chequebook
10) Eyeglass case
11) Ear plugs (2 pairs for some reason)
12) Lip goop (also 2: vaseline and chapstick)
13) Hair elastic
14) Chewing gum
15) Matches
16) First aid kit (contains Bandaids, Neosporin, Tylenol, ibubrofen, supplements, etc)
17) Contact rewetting drops
18) Hand lotion

After over 10 years of living without a purse (backpack, pockets, or bust), I bought a small bag about 18 months ago. It is small, so the contents are extremely consistent, with the occasional extra receipt, barrette, or (in special circumstances) disposable camera.

The tote bag I tote back and forth to work, however, is an entirely different story. I have to check it every few weeks to ensure that I don't have a lost child or something living in there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home