Friday, August 02, 2002

The Friday Five

1. What is your lineage? Where are your ancestors from? All approximate: 5/16 German, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 British (English & Welsh, perhaps some Scot), 1/8 Norweigan, 1/16 Italian

2. Of those countries, which would you most like to visit? Germany. I took German in high school. All the German is from my mother's side, but my dad lived in Germany for a few years as a kid, so both he and my maternal grandfather can speak the language.

3. Which would you least like to visit? Why? I would love to visit them all!

4. Do you do anything during the year to celebrate or recognize your heritage? I drink a lot of beer and eat pickled herring every chance I get (I'm not kidding). As all of my great-grandparents were born in the US, and the nationalities are pretty blended, my family doesn't have too many traditions from a country of origin. My grandmother does make her mother-in-law's stolen recipe for Christmas every year. That's about all that I can think of.

5. Who were the first ancestors to move to your present country (parents, grandparents, etc)? I had a relative immigrate some time in the 1700's, through whom I could qualify for the DAR. His name, I'm sorry to say, was Snodgrass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home