Wednesday, July 31, 2002

Music and the Market

I'm continuing to be tickled by the use of music on Marketplace (despite David's absence this last week). Marketplace plays music, without lyrics, between segments. Usually I don't think about it too much, but my ears pricked up last night as I heard them playing "White America" by Eminem. After a piece about how business leaders should be disclosing their stock purchaces real time to the public, I found myself humming along to Luscious Jackson's "Why Do I Lie." Finally, they "did the numbers" to "It Don't Mean a Thing if You Ain't Got that Swing," reporting out a lackluster day due to a dip in consumer confidence. I have an instant connection to anyone who listens to Luscious Jackson, but it's the diversity and sense of humor of the selections that makes Marketplace so great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home