Saturday, October 17, 2015

Whole30 - Day 1 (redux)

So, I'm starting the Whole30 one more time.  I did this for the first time in January 2012 with amazing success and have tried several times since with varying levels of success.  Several times I've started and quit in the same day...  I actually meant to start on Monday, then started for real on Tuesday, and then quit last night with a petulant negroni followed by popcorn and cheese.  So, I'm blogging about it this time to establish a little more accountability and to share some of the great meals that I'll be cooking up.  I am making a few minor modifications (so technically I'm not really doing the Whole30, but more of an elimination diet).  I know that I don't have problems with soy, so I'm going add the occasional tamari, miso, and tofu to the diet.  And while sticking to coconut milk in my coffee whenever possible, if I'm getting coffee out and it's not an option, I'll be using some cream (I also know that I'm not sensitive to dairy).  So, I'm eliminating grains, sugar, alcohol, processed food, legumes, and dairy (with the exceptions noted above).

Today's meals:
Breakfast:  sauteed leeks and chantrelle mushrooms with two over easy eggs; coffee with coconut milk
Lunch:  egg drop soup with carrots, shitake mushrooms, bok choy, miso, green onions, a spoonful each of tahini and miso (yes, the tahini sounds weird, but it gives the soup a nice creaminess), topped with green onions and toasted sesame oil.
Dinner:  roast chicken with steamed broccoli and roasted delicata squash
Snacks:  apple with almond butter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home