Friday, July 25, 2008

How to Make My Day,

Biking into work early, stressed about all the stuff I have to get done (and not really sure how to do it), bummed about a bad morning scale reading, worried about next week's race, I'm stopped at a light downtown. The bus driver next to me waves, then opens his window.

"I saw you back on Dexter. You're fast!"

I laugh and wave, the light turns green, and I sprint off as hard as I can, trying to figure out how to hold onto this feeling as long as possible.

UPDATE: The point of this wasn't to point out that I was fast - I'm not at all fast on my commute; everyone in the world passes me on Dexter - but rather to highlight a rare and fun interaction in a normally cranky and often antagonistic relationship between bikes and busses.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sugarmouth O'Riordan said...

Awesome. It's so refreshing when people are unexpectedly nice!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home