Friday, July 18, 2008

NEWSFLASH: There is Tension Between Bikes and Cars!

All sarcasm aside, this is a good article about the benefits and issues of more bikes on the road. There is a lot of eduction that needs to happen on the part of both drivers and cyclists, not to mention major infrastructure work, to make cycling more of a real option for people. We can sigh all we want about how everyone bikes in the Netherlands, why can't we, but they started planning for a cycling infrastructure a generation ago. Same with Portland, OR. It's going to take a little while for the rest of us to catch up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Hey! Please feel free to moderate this message from posting onto your blog :)

I lost your email address and I have a new one.

So anyway, you've popped into my mind a number of times lately. I've spent too much time at swim meets this summer, which reminds me of Kate. And I'm in love with Fred on XM--do you have this? Every day is like listening to high school and college all over again. Life changing.

I'm not sure how this works, but can you email me back?

7:41 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Hi, I can't see your email, so can't email you, but you can reach me at pdavis_807 at yahoo.

Glad you got in touch; I've been thinking about you, too! It's been a while! And now, I'm getting in touch with folks from h.s. in facebook, which is very cool and also odd....

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home