Thursday, May 01, 2008

Trail Note

I've been feeling very tired and creaky all week, slow on the bike, taking short cuts on the "long" run. Jeff returned from Fido last night and reported that everyone is feeling tired this week. After a weekend of snow and hail, last weekend was really nice, and apparently everyone who runs and/or rides took full advantage, despite early season fitness levels and advancing years.

I rode around Lake Washington on Saturday, the long and flat way via Marymore Park and the western shore of Lake Sammamish. The total ride was 65 miles; by far the farthest I've gone this year and perhaps ever. I'm training for the Tour de Cure on May 17th, where I've signed up to do a 70 mile loop which is also pretty hilly. This weekend, weather permitting, I'm going to try to do a long and hilly ride.

I took Sunday off (couldn't quite muster the energy or interest to go for a run), so I tried to make up for it with a 7 mile run around Lake Union on the Cheslahud Trail. I started tired, and by the end was tired enough to cut a big corner, walking up the hill and cutting off a half mile plus. The reason for the long-ish ride following the run? Jeff and I are thinking very tentatively about a 2009 Ironman. More about that craziness later. Right now, I've got to get geared up for the run (literally) into the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home